One of the most enjoyable things we do is helping people change their smiles. For a lot of people correcting the flaws in their teeth can be life changing.
Improve your smile with porcelain veneers
Veneers are ultra-thin laminated porcelain placed over the front of teeth to recreate a youthful and natural looking smile. Veneers can be used to enhance the color, shape, size and position of teeth.
Veneers can improve:
- Teeth discolorations that won’t respond to whitening
- Crooked or irregularly shaped teeth
- Fractured teeth
- Worn teeth
- Gaps between teeth
What happens during a Veneer procedure?
After an initial consultation to determine if you are a good candidate the veneer procedure is completed typically within two sessions. In the first visit the dentist will do minimal preparations of the teeth, take impressions and place temporaries. In addition, the dentist may create a mockup in wax that allows you to “try on” the new smile.
After 2-3 weeks you will come back for a second appointment to take off the temporaries and try in your new veneers which will then be cemented in permanently.
How long do Veneers last?
Veneers are made from an incredibly durable material just like your natural teeth but can still crack or break under pressure. With proper oral hygiene and routine dental maintenance, including brushing and flossing, veneers can last anywhere from 15-20 years.
How to care for your veneers?
- Brush at least twice a day with a non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste
- Floss every day
- Visit your hygienist every 3-6 months based on your dentists’ recommendations
- If you grind your teeth it will also be important to have a nightguard to avoid damaging your veneers